Thursday, November 13, 2008

Word Games

Over the past week or so I've been tossing around the idea of posting a few of the "Barackisms and Obamanyms" that are entering our modern day lexicon.

What I found during my deliberations was that instead of concentrating on how I was going to present the post, I was compulsively trying to come up with "isms" and "nyms" of my own.
And not only that, but I brought my family in on it too and have been the master puppeteer in successfully luring them away from homework, grading and sleep.

Now, I'm not advocating senseless time wasting whilst your are on the clock of a productive or paying job; but we all like a little distraction every now and again. And at least this distraction can be classified as Family Friendly, if not downright educational - in a post-modern cultural way.

So, in the essence of good sportsmanship, I have started you off with a handful of freebies...
Let the games begin!!

Obamarama - the hoopla surrounding the inauguration (and Obama himself).
Barackstar - my favorite and self explanatory.
Probama - supporters of Obama.
Baracket Science - looks as if it has Republican origins and was supposed to be used in a derogatory fashion. But like Mr. Obama himself, it quickly gained a favorable audience and became associated with good ideas and hope.
Whoabama - what we all will be saying every time he makes a risky move.
D'ohbama - what we may be saying if he makes a gaffe.
Diplobamacy - used by Keith Olbermann. I think you can get it.
Obamaconomy - used by Rachel Maddow. I think this is a no-brainer as well.

And ... Ta-Da ... my own creation from this morning -
Obamit! - a polite way to to express frustration at yourself throughout the day when you continually screw up.

So. Have at it! See what you can come up with.
I personally can't wait to watch this lexicon evolve and go down in the annals of time.

Oops, there's another possibility - Obannals.
Or is that an ... (open Barackets), "Obamination", close Barackets .. ?

L.

No comments: