Friday, November 14, 2008

Fun Day Friday

If you were one of the (not so) lucky people that have ended up spending hours with me on the phone, you would know by now that I have a bit of a "thing" about the amount of homework my son receives.
This is not a new "thing" but an ongoing "thing".
It started when he was in First Grade and has lost no momentum since then.

This "thing" - AKA - this ridiculous amount of homework that we have had to plow through on a nightly basis for the past five or six years, has caused many a frantic argument and has been responsible for many a shed tear.
Most recently, I will admit, the tears are being shed quietly by me as I have come to grips with the sad realization that I am hopelessly and irredeemably incapable of ever understanding fifth grade math and that, in this capacity, I am never going to be of any value to my son again.

But ... on with the post...

Because our weekdays were so full of stress, we decided to create "Fun Day Fridays."
A day where we could flip the proverbial bird to the tension of the weekdays and relax... Have a laugh. Lighten up. Mess around. No worries, mate - and all that.
Friday has become a release day for us all. Especially after the school bell rings.
And we are now in to our Fifth Year (I will let my son count the exact amount of Fridays that this would add up to).
The tradition is still alive and well.

We all have a lot going on. There is a lot going on in the World.
There is a vast amount of conflict occurring everywhere because the ideals and ideas that we were taught and led to believe -in growing up often directly oppose the thoughts and beliefs of others that we now come in to contact with.

But with that in mind and in the spirit of joy and humor and fun on this Friday, I present to you - Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Eddie Izzard ....
(To gain the optimum results from your viewing experience today, please click on the link below and watch it ALL. Thanks!)

L.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope-1Zb5t-k

No comments: