Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Firsts

Well... this is the first time in my own personal history where I have climbed out of bed after a night of intermittent tears and a night of so little sleep with such a long day ahead and announced to the world that I FEEL GREAT!!
This is the first day in my entire life that I have dared to do something that will expose my personal self so publicly; and the first time in my entire life that I do not feel any anxiety about doing so.
Today is the first day that something I have written down will be available on the World Wide Web.
For the first time my son got to watch and be involved in a voting process that will be his right and his duty and his honor; and for the first time he really enjoyed it!
For the first time in a long time the rest of the world is looking at the U.S. with fresh eyes of hope.
For the first time in forever I feel so hopeful I could shit.
I am so proud to be in a place that for the first time in its history voted for hope and real change and elected the first black man, Barack Obama, to be the President of the United States of America.
This is the first of many great days to come.

L.

No comments: