Thursday, November 6, 2008

Seconds

So. Today's post title was not my intention at all. Albeit, in retrospect, "seconds" does flow quite nicely after "firsts". But I had a whole different theme in mind for today which was quickly laid to rest after a coup by my typing fingers - catching my mind off guard.
It IS the second day after the historic election. It IS the second time that I have awoken feeling great, it IS the second flirtation with exposing my inner being to the world at large and it IS my second post where I have hope for the future. But more importantly than that even is that it is the second day that we ALL should be glad to have the results that we got on election day and here's why...
It's the second day in and the Media are already all over "what went wrong" for McCain and there are already reports out there in such newspapers as The Guardian claiming that McCain told a British Ambassador that Palin was "more trouble than a pitbull". But even more disturbing is the kind of information coming out in blogs, such as the one by Conservative blogger Andrew Sullivan, who states that essentially Palin was "picked out of a hat"; and even when they realized that she was not up to the task only a few days after picking her, they "went ahead for two months bullshitting us ... and risking the live possibility that she could be the next president of the United States at a moment's notice".

Knowing that the country was wise enough to make a choice away from this kind of under-handed, deceitful, power hungry, do-anything-to-win, "regular Joe's" is why for the SECOND day in a row I am so very proud of what this country did on November 4th 2008.

L.

No comments: