Monday, April 27, 2009

Reversal Of Fortune





Before you even begin to think about it ... the answer is "No."
I am NOT obsessed with my tea bags; and I am NOT one leaf short of a full cup.
But I do have to say that it is rather peculiar, to put it mildly, that only one week after learning that I can now "do readings" by looking at my bag-tag, that my bag-tag is now "doing readings" by looking at me!!!

Otherwise ... how else was it able to pick-up on my recent thoughts about death and my life-long affinity for that literary device known as Wit.

(Side-note: An alternative word for "affinity"- according to my Thesaurus - is, again, rather mysteriously, "Cup Of Tea"...)

So.
Death seems to have been on my mind recently.
Not a morbid fascination, or anything.
There just seems to be a lot of it going around right now.

And I was thinking "how would I be - knowing the end is nigh ....?"
When I glanced at my bag-tag and saw what it said.

Pancho Villa,
Last Words.
(1877-1923)

"DON'T LET IT END LIKE THIS. TELL THEM I SAID SOMETHING."

This just about tickled me to death (Not yet Grim Reaper... Not yet)
But that would be SOOOOoooo, so me!

Can my Tea-Tag READ me, or WHAT ... ?????

L.

1 comment:

sarasmile71 said...

Hey, I just figured out I could comment. Boy, I'm no dummy! As long as I get there eventually, right?
Great Pancho Villa quote...soooooo funny!!!!
And great blog...also very funny!!!! You crack me up.