Sunday, April 5, 2009

It Seems I've Been Obstructed!



Let me explain.

At dawn today, on her Mia Zucca Post, my dear BFF blogging-buddy Cathy brought out her pistols and challenged me to a Duel (of sorts).

Inspired by a documentary entitled THE FIVE OBSTRUCTIONS, Cathy decided to put Wit-Craft to the test and has laid out a set of five writing "obstructions" - or, as others may see it, a set of five writing "instructions" - which need to be adhered to during the course of the next five posts on the blog.

To put it in Cathy's own words:

"Lindsay, in the next five posts on Wit-Craft you have to follow five obstructions in no particular order:

1. A post that does not contain the letter "i".
2. A post that tells a story without using words.
3. A post that is written as your 16-year-old self.
4. A post that does not use humor.
5. A post that is written as if you were your husband. "

It is a challenge that I willingly accept - with only one question ...

Cathy, whilst reading the blurb on the original FIVE OBSTRUCTIONS, the following anecdote got me to thinking .... It said:
"because Leth failed to complete task #2 perfectly, Von Trier punishes him ..."

May I ask then ...
Will you be using a whip or a ruler?

L.

3 comments:

Mia Zucca said...

Nope, no weapons. Think more along the lines of humilation.

WIT-CRAFT said...

The challenge is to rise above the humiliation and overshadow it with pure genius. Meaning, of course, that I'm screwed.

Mia Zucca said...

My Dear Lindsay, you need to take a page out of Leth's book and figure out how to "screw" the challenger.