Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Craft: Pom Pom Peeps



I ask you - what is cuter than a baby chick? Not much comes to mind!
Those little fluff balls of cottony adorableness, peeping their way into my heart.
I was obsessed with having my own hatchery when I was little. The hatchery has an aquarium-type of effect on me. Sort of calming and sweet.
You can have a look and see if it has the same effect on you too - right over here.

Today we took some really fluffy yarn I got at Target ages ago in the dollar section; and made these really easy pom pom peeps.
Never made a pom pom before, you say? Well. It's just about as easy as it gets.
I found a nicely illustrated step-by-step set of instructions here.
Here's what you'll need:
Yarn. 2 beads for eyes. Felt for the beak and the feet. And 2 cardboard donuts - one smaller than the other to make the pom poms.
All you do is make the pom poms first and then glue the head on to the body. Then you cut out a triangle for the beak and glue it to the face. Two more triangles can then be glued on for the feet. And finally some more glue is used on the beads to place the eyes. c.

No comments: