Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Optical Illusion


An optical illusion (also called a visual illusion) is characterized by visually perceived images that differ from objective reality.

Therefore, after walking in to my Husband's room at 7:58 am this morning, I'm compelled to draw the only logical conclusion that is out there.
And that is ... it seems I'm being illuded.

You see.
I'M ill (MD certified, antibiotics in hand, fever to prove it and a headache to boot.)
But HE'S in bed.

So that image of him - the one my mind thinks it is seeing - MUST actually be some kind of trick - because objective reality would demand a different scenario ...
Perhaps one, say, where I was in bed whilst HE was taking care of my son and myself.

The ONE thing that is a BIT disturbing regarding this whole "illusion thing" we have going on here this morning, is that in all the other examples of visual trickery (that I have checked out today in my search for answers) - all of those images keep CHANGING ...

However ... my Husband is NOT getting out of bed ...

Check out this site and you'll see what I mean
.

L.

No comments: