Monday, February 2, 2009

What Superbowl?



The Pittsburgh Steelers may have set a record last evening when they won The Superbowl Title for the sixth time.

But that was of no concern to me.

I set a record of my own.

I do pride myself on my consistent and insistent avoidance of this, the All-American of all American games; but yesterday I even outdid myself!

Despite the Television saturation of everything and anything football.
Despite being bombarded for weeks with party ideas and tips.
Despite my son's continuous rambling of all that is game related;
and despite the fact that I cooked a grand bowl of super supper and whipped up a half time dessert that would have made the crowd go
wild ...

I managed to successfully avoid every damn minute of the game.

For that I am proud.
And I even won a prize!
I made a bet with my son that the Steelers would win with a score of 27.
And that's EXACTLY what they did!!
Or at least this is what I am told - since I'm now avoiding all post-game coverage too!

L.

No comments: