Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh, really?

After three gazillion years of marriage, I finally found out this morning that I DO have something in common with my Mother-In-Law!!!!
That is, besides the fact that we have both, at one time or another, wiped the same guy's ass and cleaned up the same guy's saliva.

But anyway.

My "real" Husband was talking to his Mom today on the phone. A call he had made to find out about a possible health scare with his Dad.
And because MY son had been privvy to the saga, my husband decided to put the call on "speaker phone".

To cut a long story short, it turns out that there is nothing to worry about.

But during the course of delivering this good news, I heard my M-I-L say these resonating words about her husband ... She announced:
"It's a complete nightmare living with this man! My life with him has been so hard and stressful! Day in! Day out!"
She then added " NO ONE could EVER imagine how horrible it has been for me!"

Urm... Hello?

NO ONE ?

Are you at all familiar with the old phrase - like Father, like son?
And for that matter - like Mom too?

Ha ... "can't imagine ..." ?

... Oh, REALLY ... ??????????

L.

No comments: