Monday, February 16, 2009

No Hope!



My son was in a store trying to purchase a gift for me for Valentine's Day.
He wanted another Willow Tree Figurine - on a par with the last one he'd bought for me, which was a Mother and her Young Son. Only this time he was looking for the son to be "older". Much like himself. And with NO wings. He knows I couldn't handle wings.

So he found the one he'd been wanting and asked the lady if he could have it. But for some reason there wasn't a matching box. This seemed to distress the lady who began shouting "No son!" "I have no son!" "I've even looked in the back but I can't find a son!"

Not wanting to cause any more fuss, Jack saw another figurine. Not what he had wanted. But it would do.
Not as "tall" as he had hoped - but the general idea still fit his criteria.
His next choice was called "Hope".

So he nicely asked the lady for the second choice and she went to package it up.

Within seconds he noticed that she was once again in distress.
And despite the statistical improbability, she did not seem to have a box for this one either!

Now she was getting really upset.

She began yelling again.
"There's No Hope!" "There's No Hope!" "I can't see any Hope!".
"What do you want to do if there's No Hope?"

My son just asked her to wrap it in some paper and told her that he did not need the box to give Hope as my gift!!

But boy! Have we been getting some hard belly laughs out of this all weekend!!!!

And despite what she was saying, we still think that there is hope out there somewhere!

L.

No comments: