Monday, December 1, 2008

(RED)WIRE

My Hero has done it again!
Or at least he has helped in a big, big way.

The first of December has always been a special day for me. It marks the first step in what I always find to be a fun and exciting path to Christmas - but it is also the beginning of the season where I am constantly overcome with emotion, watching what we can do as a people, as a nation, for our fellow humans.
Way over 20 years ago today I sat at home in England watching Bob Geldof and Bono and friends roll up to sing "Do They Know It's Christmas" - and they tried to feed the world.
Here I am today, just as emotional and just as inspired.
I woke up feeling a bit sorry for myself but then the first thing I heard was a new song from the Dixie Chicks called "Lucky Ones" on a new music service web site from (RED).
WE are the lucky ones. I am lucky.

TODAY IS
WORLD AIDS DAY.

TODAY THE WORLD'S GREATEST ARTISTS HAVE HELPED LAUNCH (RED)WIRE - A NEW MUSIC SERVICE THAT HELPS FIGHT AIDS IN AFRICA.

As Bono says "If you are a music lover or if you want to join in the fight against AIDS, then sign up.
All it takes is TWO pills a day to keep someone alive.

Take a look and a listen:

www.redwire.com

L.

No comments: