Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Muppet Fun





Roll on up! Shameless promotion over here! Come and get some!

But I have to say that it just would not be Christmas for me without watching this classic movie (over and over and over) ... my poor, dear child ... oh, the things I put him through...

And before you dismiss this Magical Muppet Movie as something "just for the kids", I think you should know that I only saw this movie for the first time when I was thirty two - yes, that's thirty two big ones. Thirty Two Christmases Past - when my son was two years old.
He did not understand a word, of course, and probably fell asleep on my lap. But I was enamored. Taken through an amazingly colorful, Christmassy world, full of quick one-liners and the best cast of characters ever.
Michael Caine played Scrooge.
And I'm certain that this is who Dickens had in mind when he wrote the part.

Christmas is for kids. Be a kid for an afternoon or grab a kid for the afternoon and sit down with your Hot Chocolate and your cookies and your bottle of Jack Daniels and watch and learn as the Christmas Spirit over takes you!

L.

No comments: