Thursday, March 26, 2009

Retro Week. Part 3.




The adult in me was tremendously pleased this week to see that my dear friend Cathy had responded to the "Retro" idea by referencing her own "fair share of trippy, creepy 70's kids t.v." experiences.
But the child inside me wanted to play that timeless school-yard game of "mine is bigger than yours" and let her know that what I had shown was just the tip of the iceberg.

And then I watched her clips - And was rendered mute.

However, not to be outdone, I thought to myself: "Self. I can still play this game...
All I have to do is mention that we had it the worst because we had
MARGARET THATCHER!!!!!!!!
And what could be more damaging to a young child's blossoming psyche than that????"

But then it hit me.
I was muted again.
We may have had Margaret Thatcher but SHE had RONALD REAGAN ....

There was nothing more to say.
Game. Set. Match.

But before picking up my ball and walking away with my head held low, I did find a sort of comfort in the knowledge that we did have one thing that was better, at least in my wounded mind; and that was "Spitting Image"
At least we had a way to to help neutralize the insanity!!

Take a look:

Ronald Reagan Breakfast

Reagan Keeps The Pattern





L.

No comments: