Wednesday, March 11, 2009

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



And before we go any further on this fine Wednesday afternoon, I should just point out that "This is not a craft" ... or, more accurately ... "Ceci n'est pas un craft."

The cartoon gave me a good chuckle earlier today, so I thought I'd share it with you.

I don't want to spoil the joke by endlessly raving on about the witty, surrealist art work of René François Ghislain Magritte.
And I don't want to take away from the fun by explaining how the original "Pipe" art spawned a Pop Culture Phenomenon so extensive that it's still referenced widely today.
I will say, though, that the phenomenon permeated culture so deeply that homage has even been paid by the masterful philosopher, Foucault, in one of his more recent works.

But anyway.
Follow the links.
Google what you must.
And enjoy the joke!

L.

No comments: