Monday, March 9, 2009

Dunce


If I lived in an old school house - and was approximately thirty one years younger - with skinny little arms - and a much smaller head ... then this would have been me this weekend.

But since I don't live in an old school house - and I'm approximately forty one years of age - with much larger arms - and a proportionally bigger head, I just sat on my couch thinking that this should have been me this weekend.

This weekend was a tough one.

Tough for my son who was busy learning One Hundred "age-appropriate" questions for his annual, fund-raising, Knowledge-a-Thon.
And tough for his Mother, who was quickly learning that she and the school had sizeably different opinions on the true definition of "age appropriate."

My conclusion?
That Fifth Grade Knowledge-a-Thon questions are definitely NOT age appropriate for anyone born at 5:45 am on the 18th Day of The Third Calendar Month in the Year 1968, on a blustery and rain soaked morning to a dark haired woman named Maureen.
That's all I'm saying.

So. See how you fare with these:

1). If you have 7 ounces, how many pounds is that?
2). If the scale of a map is 1:1000, a 10cm long field on the map has an actual length of what?
3). Round to the greatest place value: 51.786
4). Add 1 and 2/100 using a decimal point system.
5). Round 627.234 to the nearest hundredth.
6). Name the four types of sentences.
7). How much does 50ml of water weigh in grams?
AND, for 3 points
8). Recite the preamble to the Constitution (3 parts).


L.

All answers will be provided tomorrow.

No comments: