Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ecstasy



Oh. My. God!!

YESTERDAY was just AMAZING!!!

Who knew that a Forty-First Birthday could be such a euphoric event???

I was awoken with breakfast - brought thoughtfully to my bed.
I was handed Roses. Beautiful Roses. Dozens. Just for me.
I was serenaded with sweet music as I was lead gently down the stairs.
And I was showered with endless gifts. So many, in fact, that I'm certain there are some still waiting to be opened.
I was taken out for lunch, where my taste-buds jumped for joy.
And I was pampered all day long. Spoiled rotten. Like I was royalty in my own home.
The aroma of my beautifully prepared supper was practically intoxicating.
And my cake, which had been decorated by hand, spelled LOVE with a capital "L".
The evening was so exciting that I felt almost drunk with joy.
And the games we played made me laugh so hard that at times I thought I may never catch my breath again.

OH!
SO VERY, VERY PERFECT!!


And then the drugs wore off.

L.


But in all seriousness ... thank you to everyone who thought about me yesterday. You made me feel very special. And not in the "mentally challenged" kind of way.

No comments: