Monday, January 5, 2009

IT'S 2009!

Can you believe it? It is 2009 already!
That means we are heading towards the tenth year of the New Millennium...
The Tenth!

But wasn't it only last year that we all held hands with Bill Clinton and crossed that bridge to the 21st Century?
Or maybe that's just my outright denial of the Bush years in office.
But aren't the party-popper pieces and glitter flecks that I still find buried by my skirting from my lively Y2K party?
And am I not still recovering from the first major hang-over of the New Century?

Oops. My mistake...
One hang-over seems much like the rest.
I suppose my aging brain cells are finding it harder to maintain boundaries and separate the events of my life nowadays.
It seems that much like my cocktails, my memories are being thrown in to one small vesicle and blended.

But for me, today feels more like New Year than the first of the month.
Because today, everything is "back to normal".
My son is back to school.
I'm back at the Blog.
Oprah is back with a new show.
And - Ta Da - I'm going to embark upon my New Year's Resolution!

I just saw a statistic that said 75% of all people will break their Resolutions within the first three months.
This was astounding to me!
Quite unbelievable!
I was certain that my usual behavior of breaking the Resolution after a couple of weeks was "the norm".

But from what I understand, at least my actual Resolution fits into "the norm".
That is, the number one Resolution revolves around weight, food and health.
And that's where I'm at, baby!

I resolve to take this wrinkled old bag of aching bones and atrophied muscles and morph it into a recognizable human once more.
That's my plan. That's my goal.

I'll keep you updated!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


L.

No comments: