Monday, January 26, 2009

Deja New Year!



Today is the first Day of The Chinese New Year!
So, for those of you like myself who really need more than one chance a year to start fresh, today is your lucky day!
I like the idea of the Chinese system - basing their calendar on the Lunar cycle - because I feel an affinity with the moon.
I'm affected by the odd bit of lunacy myself.
Or perhaps more than the odd bit.

It's especially evident on the days when I howl the loudest.

But the fact that this New Year is going to actually be longer than a year intrigues me too. It may start today but does not end until February 2010.
Hey. That's more 'year' for your buck!
And I enjoy a good deal.

In all seriousness, though, it is the Year of The Ox. And according to what I read this morning, the fact that the "Ox Year" begins before and ends after February 5th means that this year has "eyes".
That is, this year will be a time when you can be especially aware of the influences of both the past and the future.
Moreover, you will be able to access wisdom from the past and have foresight for the future.

Which makes this year the EXACT year I need ...
because now - I'll be especially aware that the very same nagging (gentle persuasion) that has had no influence on my husband's behavior in the past will have just as little influence on his behavior in the future.

Great!
I will now have the foresight to save my energy for something better.

L.

No comments: